Colour field New Delhi India – Drinking Water and Sports
Next to the Nehru Stadium in New Delhi in India, the Colour field was built in 2016. The sub base for this sports field is prefabricated 90% hollow material, which is the tank to store water.
This water is a combination of rainwater and bore hole water and stored in the field under cool conditions. The water is specially purified as drinking water for the use of the players and spectators at the pitch.
Happy Feet sports systems did the technical overall design for the project and did the installation of the total field (sub base with water storage, shock pad, artificial grass) and all pipe works around the field.
The project was carried out in cooperation with the project partners:
- Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in New Delhi
- TenCate – GreenFields BV – The Netherlands
- FME powered by Dutch Technology – The Netherlands
- SWDS systems – Permavoid – Amsterdam The Netherlands
- Pentair – India & The Netherlands
- Philips – India & The Netherlands
- Heras – The Netherlands